Our IDC Experience!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

In the beginning...

I won't bore you with the details, but some will find how Diamond and I met in the beginning... It was summer of 2002, and I was working as a relatively new assistant manager at Discount Tire Company. I had moved to San Antonio, TX from South Padre Island, TX earlier that same year. The guys and myself had a store barbecue at one of the other assistant managers house. I showed up with my girlfriend at the time, and Diamond showed up as the girlfriend of one of my employees. We chatted a bit about cars and various things, but we were both committed in our own lives.

Fast forward to summer of 2003. My girlfriend and I broke up that prior spring. Diamond came into my work needing some help with her car. I helped her of course, and we got to talking - turns out her and her boyfriend that did not work for me any longer had broken up as well. We exchanged phone numbers and ended up dating from there... At the time, neither of us were in for a serious, committed relationship - we were both still fairly young. We dated each other, other people, etc. and she ended up moving to a little town a few hours from San Antonio. We kept in touch the whole time and there was always the attraction, even though we lived separate lives.

Fast forward some more to winter/spring 2006. Diamond has moved back to San Antonio, and we start seeing each other again, this time, more seriously. We really had a connection and both of us were ready to calm down a little. June 2006, on a trip to visit Las Vegas (brother lived there at the time), I asked Diamond to marry me and move to Vegas with me. Long story short, she said yes, and in September, I moved to Vegas, with her following right behind in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment