Our IDC Experience!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

So, I'm a computer guy at heart...

Funny how it works - I'm a techie, but we're moving to where there is significantly less tech than here...

So, I'm taking some of it with me... I figure we won't have HBO or Showtime, so, we're loading up our laptops (yes, we both have one), and an external drive I just bought (1tb) with plenty of stuff to keep us occupied - movies, tv shows, etc... I also got some webcams so that we can see and converse with our parents from afar... I figure it only takes internet access to get connectivity, which is definitely cheaper than making a call, and we also get to see one another...

There is cell phone service on Utila, but without doing the research, I'm sure it's not very cheap to call the US... Anyways, we've got Skype installed on the parents computers, and it's already on our laptops as well, so it'll be easy for the parents (both sides) to use, hopefully ;) This way, they'll get some practice before we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment